- To reserve a place in a workshop, the signed and completed enrolment form must be submitted along with the first installment of tuition fee, the remaining to be paid on an equal monthly basis.
- Workshops will be confirmed by phone or email at least one week before the first class.
- Elephant Community Press reserves the right to cancel any workshop prior to confirmation.
- Fees must be paid by cash or cheque on or before the first class of each month.
- Late payments will be subject to a $50 charge.
- When a requested class is full, students will be placed on a waitlist. Priority is given to existing students.
- From our experience, some students in our group publishing classes need the extra guidance of a one-on-one session at our centre, dedicated to revising with their teacher. Parents will be notified if such a session is recommended by the teacher. Extra sessions are $300/hour.
MAKE-UP CLASSES AND REFUNDS
- Any workshops cancelled by Elephant Community Press will be fully refunded.
If a student decides to withdraw from a workshop after enrolment, 30 days’ written notice is required for withdrawal from a workshop or payment of that month’s fees in lieu of notice
- Make-up classes cannot be arranged for holiday workshops or for workshops held at school partners.
- Since class dates are set at the beginning of each term, only two absences per term are eligible for make-up classes with written notice at least one day in advance.
- Missed make-up classes cannot be rescheduled.
- If our available dates for make-up lessons do not match your child’s availability, we cannot guarantee a replacement class. Space available is on a first-come, first-served basis.
PUBLIC HOLIDAY AND BAD WEATHER ARRANGEMENTS
- No classes are held on public holidays.
- In line with EDB guidelines, morning classes will be cancelled if typhoon number 8, black or red rain signals are in place at 8:00am and afternoon classes will be cancelled if the typhoon number 8, black or red rain signals are in place at 12:00noon.
- For typhoon number 3 or amber rain signals, classes for kindergarten-age children are cancelled at our discretion. Please contact us to confirm classes at these times.
- We regret that we cannot schedule make-up classes for typhoon/rain signal closures.
PHOTOS, MEDIA AND STUDENT WORK
- We reserve the right to use photos, videos and/or sound recordings of students and their work for teacher training, curriculum and/or promotional purposes, unless otherwise informed by you in writing.
- The parent/guardian acknowledges and agrees that student participation in activities provided by Elephant Community Press is at their own risk and Elephant Community Press is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury to students or their guests as a result of participating in these activities.