How do you assess which class is most suitable for my child?
Parents can send in a writing sample by fax or email for teachers to review and recommend appropriate workshops.
How many students are in each class?
For publishing workshops at the ECP centre, the group class size ranges from 2 to 7 students, with the exception of our Storyland workshops, which have a maximum of 4 students. Workshops at our partner schools have a maximum of 10 students. Private, semi-private and custom designed small group classes can also be arranged on request.
Can I join in a publishing workshop in the middle of term?
As our publishing projects work to a specific deadline, it is not usually possible to join a publishing workshop once the term has begun. However, we offer a variety of non-publishing creative and essay writing workshops which can be taken as group or private options starting at any point during the year. Please contact us for more details.
What if I can’t make all of the scheduled workshop dates?
For all of our workshops, two make-up classes per term are included in the course fee. Any additional make-up classes will be charged at the appropriate rate for that workshop. Please note that one-on-one make-up classes are for only one hour and scheduled subject to teacher availability.
What kind of feedback do parents get?
All parents receive a mid-term update on students’ progress and a detailed workshop report at the end of the term. We also offer the option of parent-teacher conferences for parents who prefer to speak directly with the teacher about their child’s writing.
Where can I buy the books?
Mission and Method
Elephant Community Press is about empowering young people to share their stories and speak up in their communities. It is about providing opportunities for young...Read More
Elephant Community Press offers project-based writing workshops that guide students through the entire process of writing and publication. From idea generation to...Read More
- Our daughter has enjoyed reading and writing very much since early childhood. She’s always dreamed of becoming an author having her own book to share with family, relatives and friends. I’ve seen an obvious improvement in her work in the last few months. My wife and I thank you so much for your fruitful advice during and after the workshop.- Parent
- Thank you for your email and detailed feedback. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the class and has benefited a great deal. I would like to thank you especially for the report which shared in depth both her achievements and nature.
- Thanks for the writing report and your effort to make a "boring" writing class interesting. Your encouraging feedback will definitely energize my daughter to go further.
- My son used to hate English writing but he enjoys your class very much. I am so grateful for the motivation you have given him.
- I cannot wait to read our book! Thanks for your time to teach and help me. I really learned lots from you! - Student, aged 12
- Thanks for sending us the report. I can see my son has built up his interest in writing. He even writes small stories on his little iPod when we travel!
- I liked making the school magazine because it’s a great honour and I was very proud when I received it. Also, others could have a copy of the magazine too! I think the magazine is a good chance for us to show our writing and it’s a keepsake for us.- Karen, aged 11
- I think my son has improved a lot since he started the writing class. He now finds it easier to put his ideas into writing. Thanks very much. I am sure with your help, his writing technique will improve as well.
- During the last couple years, Jocelyn gained a lot from your teaching and guidance and we can see improvement in her overall English presentation and writing. She will be moving to an undergraduate programme in the UK in Sept, which is a new milestone in her life. I have to express my sincere thanks to you.
- Susan Siu, Parent
- We always put Elephant Community Press in our top priority in every long holiday. Baron loves your writing class very much.- Mandy Lam, Parent
- Thank you so much for providing this wonderful opportunity to my children and many other children in Hong Kong. I really appreciate your efforts.
- Thanks very much once again for the wonderful program you have conducted in the school. The kids have enjoyed it thoroughly and of course learnt a lot. I can clearly see that my daughter has benefited from all the guidance and encouragement you have provided. There was a lot of personal attention given to each child, which is truly mazing given that these were group sessions.- Deepika Deshpande, Parent
- I LOVE this writing class. It’s my favourite thing to do each week!!!- Ella, aged 9
- As always, Elephant Community Press offers interesting programs for kids of different learning ages. We surely keep that in mind when we re-organize our time table.
- My daughter has enjoyed reading and writing very much since early childhood. She's always dreamed of becoming an author and having her own book to share with family, relatives and friends. She has made an obvious improvement in organising her work in the last few months. My wife and I thank you so much for your fruitful advice during and after the workshop.
- My child has definitely flourished in her writing skills. She loves coming here and always feels that she has accomplished a lot by the end of every class. Thanks for your guidance!
- My son asked if he can come back again! It is good to see that my son loves writing and I am happy to see that he has started to write more!
- This Fall, my daughter would like to sharpen her writing skills. I think ECP has inspired her to write better. Thanks for all of your effort.
- My favorite thing about the workshop was exactly the whole thing!- Rohaan, aged 8
- Thanks for your patience and professional coaching. My daughter loves it so much!
- My daughter really enjoyed the class and said that you gave her lots of useful tips! Thank you.
- Elephant Community Press is an amazing organization with innovative ideas for encouraging young writers. Having her work published helped build my child’s sense of self-worth and having the proceeds of the books go to charity taught her about how her work can make a difference. My daughter has built her self-confidence and deepened her love for writing. This is hands down her favorite extracurricular activity — and as a side note, it has helped her enormously in school too!- Rosa Joshi, Parent