Green Elephant Books
Through Green Elephant Books, ECP supports children and young adults in Hong Kong looking to self-publish stories that they have written independently. With one-on-one guidance from an ECP teacher, these students learn to look at their work from the perspective of a reader and revise and edit their stories accordingly.
The hallmark of our rigorous writing workshops, this revision and editing process not only prepares students’ writing for publication but also teaches young writers the invaluable skills of looking critically at their own work, considering how to improve their writing and incorporating feedback. During the editing stages, students also develop their technical writing skills as they proofread their stories, review relevant grammar rules and correct their most common errors. After all, we expect that the stories and books we publish are only the first of many for these aspiring authors!
Please contact us for more details about our Green Elephant Books publishing services.
Mission and Method
Elephant Community Press is about empowering young people to share their stories and speak up in their communities. It is about providing opportunities for young...Read More
Elephant Community Press offers project-based writing workshops that guide students through the entire process of writing and publication. From idea generation to...Read More
- Thank you so much for providing this wonderful opportunity to my children and many other children in Hong Kong. I really appreciate your efforts.
- My daughter has enjoyed reading and writing very much since early childhood. She's always dreamed of becoming an author and having her own book to share with family, relatives and friends. She has made an obvious improvement in organising her work in the last few months. My wife and I thank you so much for your fruitful advice during and after the workshop.
- My child has definitely flourished in her writing skills. She loves coming here and always feels that she has accomplished a lot by the end of every class. Thanks for your guidance!
- I cannot wait to read our book! Thanks for your time to teach and help me. I really learned lots from you! - Student, aged 12
- During the last couple years, Jocelyn gained a lot from your teaching and guidance and we can see improvement in her overall English presentation and writing. She will be moving to an undergraduate programme in the UK in Sept, which is a new milestone in her life. I have to express my sincere thanks to you.
- Susan Siu, Parent
- Elephant Community Press is an amazing organization with innovative ideas for encouraging young writers. Having her work published helped build my child’s sense of self-worth and having the proceeds of the books go to charity taught her about how her work can make a difference. My daughter has built her self-confidence and deepened her love for writing. This is hands down her favorite extracurricular activity — and as a side note, it has helped her enormously in school too!- Rosa Joshi, Parent
- Thanks for your patience and professional coaching. My daughter loves it so much!
- This Fall, my daughter would like to sharpen her writing skills. I think ECP has inspired her to write better. Thanks for all of your effort.
- My son used to hate English writing but he enjoys your class very much. I am so grateful for the motivation you have given him.
- Our daughter has enjoyed reading and writing very much since early childhood. She’s always dreamed of becoming an author having her own book to share with family, relatives and friends. I’ve seen an obvious improvement in her work in the last few months. My wife and I thank you so much for your fruitful advice during and after the workshop.- Parent
- We always put Elephant Community Press in our top priority in every long holiday. Baron loves your writing class very much.- Mandy Lam, Parent
- Thank you for your email and detailed feedback. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the class and has benefited a great deal. I would like to thank you especially for the report which shared in depth both her achievements and nature.
- I liked making the school magazine because it’s a great honour and I was very proud when I received it. Also, others could have a copy of the magazine too! I think the magazine is a good chance for us to show our writing and it’s a keepsake for us.- Karen, aged 11
- My son asked if he can come back again! It is good to see that my son loves writing and I am happy to see that he has started to write more!
- I LOVE this writing class. It’s my favourite thing to do each week!!!- Ella, aged 9
- Thanks for sending us the report. I can see my son has built up his interest in writing. He even writes small stories on his little iPod when we travel!
- My favorite thing about the workshop was exactly the whole thing!- Rohaan, aged 8
- Thanks for the writing report and your effort to make a "boring" writing class interesting. Your encouraging feedback will definitely energize my daughter to go further.
- My daughter really enjoyed the class and said that you gave her lots of useful tips! Thank you.
- Thanks very much once again for the wonderful program you have conducted in the school. The kids have enjoyed it thoroughly and of course learnt a lot. I can clearly see that my daughter has benefited from all the guidance and encouragement you have provided. There was a lot of personal attention given to each child, which is truly mazing given that these were group sessions.- Deepika Deshpande, Parent
- As always, Elephant Community Press offers interesting programs for kids of different learning ages. We surely keep that in mind when we re-organize our time table.
- I think my son has improved a lot since he started the writing class. He now finds it easier to put his ideas into writing. Thanks very much. I am sure with your help, his writing technique will improve as well.